Top 5 Pore Reducing Products
Large pores are pesky little imperfections that can appear on the cheeks, nose, forehead, and other parts of the face that tend to get oily. That’s because large pores are created when a normal-sized pore becomes clogged with dirt, oil, and toxins. Aside from being a total nuisance, large pores may also be a sign of poor skin health—keeping pores clear shows that you clean your skin thoroughly and that your oil production is balanced. Some aestheticians argue that it’s impossible to shrink pores back to their original size once they’ve been stretched, but there are ways to make them appear smaller. The following five products have been proven to reduce the visibility of large pores.
1. Make Up Forever All Mat. This silicone-based primer is not only the key to creating a smooth canvas for makeup application, but it also distorts small skin imperfections. The result? Pores, fine lines, age spots, and blemishes appear smaller, or even—dare we say—invisible. Apply All Mat underneath your makeup for a picture-perfect finish. This product also has oil-reducing products which can be helpful at reducing pore size. You’ll want to use this product sparingly, as it costs $45 a pop.
2. Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer. Perricone MD is a leading name in skincare, and this pore reducing product is no different. Intensive Pore Minimizer contains three key ingredients to help reduce the look of large pores: DMAE increases elasticity, salicylic acid keeps pores clear, and alpha lipoid acid exfoliates. Since Pore Minimizer is more of a skincare product than a cosmetic primer, it’s useful both under makeup and without it. Find it at Sephora and other specialty beauty retailers for about $50.
3. Aztec Secret Healing Indian Clay. This one-pound tub of pure bentonite clay is a godsend for people trying to reduce their pore size. The $7 price tag doesn’t hurt, either. Bentonite is a 100% naturally occurring type of clay that is extremely effective at pulling at impurities from the skin. Since it comes in a powder, users typically mix it with apple cider vinegar, green tea, water, or other beneficial liquids. As the green paste turns into a crackly finish, you’ll be able to feel a gentle pulsating sensation—that’s the bentonite pulling the impurities out of your skin and in turn, reducing pore size.
4. Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System. The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System has been around for a long time, so there are dozens of different versions of the product. At its most basic, the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System is an electronic oscillating brush that’s used to cleanse the skin. It’s designed to be use with any facial cleanser, and is safe to use in the shower and around water in general. The bristles are very effective at loosening dead skin cells, which can clog pores. The price for the Clarisonic brush starts at $119, and can increase for colorful handsets or additional features.
5. Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips Remember those white pore strips that used to be popular? Boscia’s Pore Purifying Black Strips are like that, but better. These advanced strips contain charcoal, which is known to draw out toxins and impurities. Combined with the manual pull of the sticky strip, this product gives the original pore strips a run for their money. Try them after a shower, when your pores are open from steam, for best results.
These pore reducing favorites are a great starting point for people looking to get rid of their large pores. But if you suffer from severe large pores that seem resistance to retail products, you may want to look into in-office skincare treatment. Procedures like microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and IPL Photofacials have been proven to be effective at treating large pores. Contact our representatives today to schedule a free skincare consultation in your area regarding large pore reduction.
Related ArticlesAcne Treatment All-Stars: Epiduo vs Proactiv Solution
AngelLift DermaStrips Review
At-Home Laser Wrinkle Removal
At-Home Product Review: Dermaflage Topical Dermal Filler
Avita ReCell: Product Review
Beauty Beware: History’s 4 Most Dangerous Cosmetics
Best Facial Cleansing Cloths
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask: Product Review
Brazilian Peel Review: At-Home Skin Rejuvenation
Bremenn Research Labs Hylexin: Product Review
Choosing the Right Sunscreen for You
Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System: Product Review
Cle De Peau Beaute Releasing World’s Most Expensive Skin Cream
Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula: Review
Dangers of Skin Lightening Creams
Derma Smart: Clothes for Dry Skin?
Dermadoctor MED e TATE: Product Review
Dr. Zein Obagi’s OZ Skin Health Review
ELASTIderm Décolletage System: Best of the Bust
Eyelash Extensions: LATISSE vs Xtreme Lashes
FDA Approves Epiduo Acne Treatment
From Lotions to Butter: Knowing Your Moisturizers
Kojic Acid and Skin Brightners Review
Levia Review: At-Home Psoriasis Treatment
Lumie Clear Review: Light Therapy for Acne
Lumixyl: Skin Brightening Breakthrough?
Macho Makeup: Top 5 Makeup Products for Men
Microskin Technology Offers Hope for Rosacea, Vitiligo Sufferers
Neem Oil: Nixing Oily Skin & Acne
New TRIA Blue Light Device Targets Acne
Newa Review: At-Home Skin Rejuvenation and Wrinkle Treatment
No7 Protect and Perfect: The Secret to Skin Perfection?
NuFACE Review: At-Home Electronic Skin Rejuvenator
PaloVia Review: FDA Approves At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser
Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads: Product Review
Product Review: Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Product Review: DDF Revolve 400x Micro-Polishing System
Review: HylaSponge System from 3Rx Skin Therapy
Revitol Cellulite Solution Review
Review: Claro IPL Acne Clearing Device
Review: Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector
Rodan & Fields Anti-Age AMP MD: Product Review
Sephora Collection Extractor With Lance: Product Review
St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: Product Review
Stretch Mark Cream Review: Strivectin-SD
Tanda Skin Rejuvenation Review: At-Home Systems Earns FDA Approval
10 Best Skincare Products Under $10
Top 5 Non-Surgical Facelift Creams
Top 5 Over-the-Counter Acne Treatments
Top 5 Pore Reducing Products
Top 5 Stretch Mark Removal Creams
Top 10 Acne Treatments of 2009
Top 10 Cosmetic Products for 2010
Top 10 Home Beauty Devices for 2011
Top 10 Makeup Removers
Top Ten Male Skin Care Products
Top 10 Organic Skin Care Product Lines
Top 10 Self Tanning Products
Top 10 Vegan Skin Care Products
Tri-Luma® Cream for Melasma
TRIA: Is At-Home Laser Hair Removal Right for Me?
The Truth About Stretch Mark Creams
The Truth About Tan Jabs
What Is Your Make-up Doing to Your Skin?: Choosing the Best Cosmetics