Macho Makeup: Top 5 Makeup Products for Men
We’ve all heard the buzz about how men are finally making their way to the cosmetic frontier. The statistics back the claims, with over 800,000 men opting for plastic surgery in 2012 (that’s a 121% increase from 1997) and male-oriented skincare sales through the roof. With proof that looking good is more important to the male ego than ever, many cosmetic companies that typically take aim at the female market are now shifting their focus. Bronzers, concealers, brow gel, oh my!
When it comes to makeup, men prefer products that are low-maintenance, discreet, and bear no resemblance to their girlfriend’s scary stash of feminine goop. Healthy Skin Portal recognizes the male need for cosmetic guidance, which is why we’ve devised a list of five rave-worthy makeup products for men.
1. Clinique Skin Supplies for Men Anti-Fatigue Cooling Eye Gel. Ugh, undereye bags. Some men get them after a rough night out and others see the shadows and puffiness as they age. This eye gel by Clinique is specially formulated for the no-frills male (who says steel gray packaging doesn’t scream “man?”) as evidenced by the rollerball design. A quick roll under the eye area in the morning can leave you looking fresher, thanks to a smart combination of caffeine, yeast, and humulus extract.
2. Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel. This gender-neutral product is a bit of an investment at $57 a pop, but reviewers rave over the indiscernible coverage. One pump of Perfekt’s Skin Perfection Gel will even out discoloration, blemishes, redness, large pores, and even help control shine. If you’re a man looking for foundation-like results without the look of foundation, you’ve met your match. Plus, the slim tube and vague name can easily pass for face lotion in the locker room.
3. Tweezerman Browmousse. Disheveled eyebrow hair can distract from an otherwise polished appearance. This clear gel can be easily swiped on with the included wand to keep brows in place. It’s effective, no-fuss, and perfect for the man who wants to groom his eyebrows without tweezing or waxing.
4. Jean Paul Gaultier Anti-Cernes Concealer. Blemishes, dark spots, and underye circles aren’t gender-exclusive: guys get them too! Address any embarrassing spots with this luxurious concealer made especially for men by Jean Paul Gaultier. Concealer has more opaque coverage than all-over foundations, but it easily disappears into the skin. Zac Efron, take note! It’s ideal for covering up nasty flare-ups for special occasions, nights out, or photographs.
5. Menaji HDPV Anti-Shine Powder. Men’s skin has the tendency to produce more oil than women’s, especially in the t-zone (forehead, bridge of the nose, and upper cheeks). Counteract the grease with Menahi’s HDPV Anti-Shine Powder, a product developed for actors being filmed by unforgiving high-def cameras.
For men, makeup can be a godsend—it conceals problem skin, boosts your confidence, and is a fun option to have on hand for when looking your best is key. But men’s makeup is just a temporary fix for skin that’s uneven, oily, dull, or plagued by acne. In-office treatments by certified aestheticians offer permanent improvement, thanks to top-tier technology and advanced techniques. Healthy Skin Portal offers microdermabrasion, laser skin rejuvenation, IPL Photofacials, and other popular aesthetic treatments for men. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a men’s skincare expert in your area!
Related ArticlesAcne Treatment All-Stars: Epiduo vs Proactiv Solution
AngelLift DermaStrips Review
At-Home Laser Wrinkle Removal
At-Home Product Review: Dermaflage Topical Dermal Filler
Avita ReCell: Product Review
Beauty Beware: History’s 4 Most Dangerous Cosmetics
Best Facial Cleansing Cloths
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask: Product Review
Brazilian Peel Review: At-Home Skin Rejuvenation
Bremenn Research Labs Hylexin: Product Review
Choosing the Right Sunscreen for You
Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System: Product Review
Cle De Peau Beaute Releasing World’s Most Expensive Skin Cream
Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula: Review
Dangers of Skin Lightening Creams
Derma Smart: Clothes for Dry Skin?
Dermadoctor MED e TATE: Product Review
Dr. Zein Obagi’s OZ Skin Health Review
ELASTIderm Décolletage System: Best of the Bust
Eyelash Extensions: LATISSE vs Xtreme Lashes
FDA Approves Epiduo Acne Treatment
From Lotions to Butter: Knowing Your Moisturizers
Kojic Acid and Skin Brightners Review
Levia Review: At-Home Psoriasis Treatment
Lumie Clear Review: Light Therapy for Acne
Lumixyl: Skin Brightening Breakthrough?
Macho Makeup: Top 5 Makeup Products for Men
Microskin Technology Offers Hope for Rosacea, Vitiligo Sufferers
Neem Oil: Nixing Oily Skin & Acne
New TRIA Blue Light Device Targets Acne
Newa Review: At-Home Skin Rejuvenation and Wrinkle Treatment
No7 Protect and Perfect: The Secret to Skin Perfection?
NuFACE Review: At-Home Electronic Skin Rejuvenator
PaloVia Review: FDA Approves At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser
Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Pads: Product Review
Product Review: Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Product Review: DDF Revolve 400x Micro-Polishing System
Review: HylaSponge System from 3Rx Skin Therapy
Revitol Cellulite Solution Review
Review: Claro IPL Acne Clearing Device
Review: Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector
Rodan & Fields Anti-Age AMP MD: Product Review
Sephora Collection Extractor With Lance: Product Review
St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: Product Review
Stretch Mark Cream Review: Strivectin-SD
Tanda Skin Rejuvenation Review: At-Home Systems Earns FDA Approval
10 Best Skincare Products Under $10
Top 5 Non-Surgical Facelift Creams
Top 5 Over-the-Counter Acne Treatments
Top 5 Pore Reducing Products
Top 5 Stretch Mark Removal Creams
Top 10 Acne Treatments of 2009
Top 10 Cosmetic Products for 2010
Top 10 Home Beauty Devices for 2011
Top 10 Makeup Removers
Top Ten Male Skin Care Products
Top 10 Organic Skin Care Product Lines
Top 10 Self Tanning Products
Top 10 Vegan Skin Care Products
Tri-Luma® Cream for Melasma
TRIA: Is At-Home Laser Hair Removal Right for Me?
The Truth About Stretch Mark Creams
The Truth About Tan Jabs
What Is Your Make-up Doing to Your Skin?: Choosing the Best Cosmetics